Come celebrate our 40th anniversary while helping support our mission to end hunger in San Diego County!
Jeannie Johnson Bolinger and Cheryl Floros
Chef Committee Chair:
Chef Sara Polczynski of Seasoned Plates
Saturday, April 29, 2017
Miramar Warehouse – 9850 Distribution Ave., San Diego, CA 92121
TIMELINE OF EVENTS
5:15 p.m. – VIP Reception
6:00 p.m. - Cocktail Reception and Silent Auction
7:30 p.m. – Dinner Program and Live Auction
Barbara-Lee Edwards and Dan Cohen of CBS News 8
9:00 p.m. - LIVE Entertainment and Dancing
The gala will feature the culinary talents of 26 of the county’s best chefs. Each chef will be assigned to a table of 10 guests, acting as that table’s personal chef for the evening, preparing a multi-course dinner with drink pairings.
MEET OUR CHEFS
- Chef Sara Polczynski (Chef Committee Chair) - Seasoned Plates
- Chef Nick Brune – Eco Caters
- Chef Ryan Bullock – MIHO Catering Co.
- Chef Joe Burns – Waters Fine Foods & Catering
- Chef Alex Carballo – Moto Deli
- Chef Mario Cassineri – Bice Ristorante
- Chef Hanis Cavin – Carnitas’ Snack Shack
- Chef Evan Cruz – Arterra
- Chef Tae Dickey – BIGA CUCINATO A LEGNO
- Chef Christine Fabrizio Mitchell – Venissimo Cheese
- Chef Tommy Fraioli – 10 Barrel Brewing Company
- Chef Michael Ground – The Patio Group
- Chef Jonathan Hale – The Prado at Balboa Park
- Chef Victor Jimenez – Cowboy Star
- Chef Craig Jimenez – Supernatural Sandwiches
- Chef Accursio Lota – Solare Ristorante
- Chef Mario Medina – The MainCourse Restaurant
- Chef Mario Moser – The Flying Pig Pub & Kitchen
- Chef Lance Repp - The University Club
- Chef Denise Roa – Rancho La Puerta
- Chef Jeff Roberto – Sushi On A Roll
- Chef Danilo “DJ” Tangalin – Tidal
- Chef Marcus Twilegar – PARQ
- Chef Vaughn Vargas – UC San Diego
- Chef Giselle Wellman
- Chef Claudette Zepeda Wilkins – Rise & Shine Restaurant Group
Guests can bid on a feast of fabulous trips during the live and silent auctions. A sample of what’s on the international menu includes “Delights of Indochina,” with 3 nights at the Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok; 3 nights at the Belmond Napasai Koh Samui in a sea view villa; 3 nights in Siem Reap at the Belmond La Résidence d’Angkor in a junior suite; topped off with a stay in Vietnam at the Park Hyatt Saigon. Across the Pond, patrons can bid on an “English Town & Country Holiday,” with accommodations at the prestigious Four Seasons London at Ten Trinity Square, the exquisite Four Seasons Hotel Hampshire and 5-star Cliveden House near Berkshire.
A little closer to home, guests can whet their appetite on “Paradise, Kauaian Style,” a 6-night stay in a luxurious ocean view villa at Koloa Landing Resort, set on world-famous Poipu Beach. And for those seeking a little south-of-the border flavor, Auberge Resorts offers a fabulous 3-night getaway in Los Cabos at Chileno Bay Resort located on Cabo’s best beach. Up in the Great White North, bid on a stay at the world-famous Fairmont Banff Springs resort, Canada’s iconic castle in the Rockies! These tantalizing trips are just a taste of what’s to be served up during our gala, where there will be something for everyone!
Remember! To participate in the Silent Auction, each guest must download the Greater Giving app to their mobile device.
Main Entertainment: Encore Event Entertainment
Cocktail Hour Entertainment: Mercedes Moore and Noah Rickertsen
Proceeds from the gala will support critical hunger-relief programs including our Food 4 Kids Backpack Program, which provides weekend backpacks of food to elementary school children living in poverty.