With warmer temperatures and summer on its way, it’s important to remember to keep yourself hydrated! Our bodies are made up of about 60% water and every system of our body (from our Central Nervous System to our Immune System) depends on water in order to function properly! Water is hands-down the most essential nutrient, The question is, “Do you know how much water you should drink each day to stay hydrated?” Although adequate hydration differs for each individual depending on body weight and activity levels, the USDA recommends that adults consume six to eight 8-ounce glasses (equal to about two liters) of water each day. Hydration is a key component to health, but sometimes it can hard to remember to drink water throughout the day, especially with a busy schedule. This week try following a few of the tips listed below and drink up!
- Sweat = Water Loss : Drink plenty of water before, during and after exercise.
- Hungry or Thirsty? : Sometimes if you feel hungry, drink water first. It can be easy to confuse hydration needs with hunger pains.
- Drink Up Before You’re Thirsty : By the time you feel thirsty, you may already be dehydrated.
- Schedule It : Set reminders on your phone or calendar to drink a glass of water when you wake up and also with every meal.
- Go Green : Carry a reusable water bottle with you, so you can refill it throughout the day.
- Make It Fun : Are you looking to jazz up your water routine? Check out the links below for easy infused water recipes and ideas.