The San Diego Theatre Connection invites you to help local community theaters collect nonperishable food items for the San Diego Food Bank to feed those who face hunger in our community including:
- Active-duty military members and their families
- Military veterans
- Seniors living on a fixed income
- Children living in poverty, etc.
Each theater will be collecting food donations from patrons who come to see their respective productions starting Monday, March 20 until Sunday, April 26. Please check individual theater’s websites for more information about their productions including ticket prices, Can’t make it to a show? You can still help!
CLICK HERE to donate to the Spring Forward Food Drive online!
List of Participating Community Theaters
- Lamplighters Community Theatre – La Mesa
- Patio Playhouse – Escondido
- PowPac Community Theatre – Poway
- Circus Collective of San Diego – Mission Valley
- Turning Tydes – San Diego County
The San Diego Food Bank provides food assistance to more than 370,000 individuals across San Diego County every month. Please consider donating some of our most needed food items.
MOST NEEDED FOOD ITEMS:
- Peanut Butter
- Canned Meat (Tuna, Chicken, etc.)
- Canned Fruit
- Canned Vegetables
- Powdered Baby Formula
We are unable to accept glass jars or homemade food.
For more information about the Spring Forward Food Drive, please check out San Diego Theatre Connection on Facebook.