The San Diego Food Bank in partnership with the San Diego Hunger Coalition and San Diego Food System Alliance is asking the community to support this year’s San Diego Hunger Awareness Month campaign taking place throughout the month of September.
San Diego Hunger Awareness Month is a local, grassroots campaign that raises awareness about individuals and families in San Diego County who face food insecurity, including: working-poor families, low-income military families, fixed-income seniors, the homeless, and children living in poverty.
You can support San Diego Hunger Awareness Month in a number of ways:
1. Give hunger the blues by joining our FREE 10th annual VIRTUAL AimLoan.com San Diego Blues Festival on Saturday, Sept. 12 featuring Tommy Castro & the Painkillers, Mr. Sipp, Southern Avenue, Watermelon Slim and Whitney Shay. All concert donations benefit the Food Bank’s COVID-19 Response Programs. Donations made during the live event will be matched dollar-for-dollar by AimLoan.com (up to $100,000). CLICK HERE for more information.
2. Drive out hunger by playing a round of golf at Shadowridge Golf Club during our Drive Out Hunger Golf Classic on Monday, Sept. 28. Proceeds from this event benefit our North County Food Bank and its vital hunger-relief program serving individuals and families in North County communities. CLICK HERE for more information and to register.
3. Host a food drive. Sign up to collect food donations in the month of September or ask friends and family to make a donation to your custom Virtual Food Drive. CLICK HERE to learn more and to register.
4. Volunteer. Browse the Food Bank’s volunteer calendar and register for an upcoming shift. CLICK HERE.
5. Donate online. For every $5 donation, 25 meals can be provided to local families. CLICK HERE to donate.
Thank you for supporting the Food Bank’s mission to create a hunger-free community.