The San Diego Food Bank in partnership with the San Diego Hunger Coalition and San Diego Food System Alliance is asking the community to support this year’s San Diego Hunger Awareness Month campaign taking place throughout the month of September.
San Diego Hunger Awareness Month is a local, grassroots campaign that raises awareness about individuals and families in San Diego County who face food insecurity, including: working-poor families, low-income military families, fixed-income seniors, the homeless, and children living in poverty.
You can support San Diego Hunger Awareness Month in a number of ways:
1. Give hunger the blues by joining our 11th annual AimLoan.com San Diego Blues Festival on Saturday, Sept. 11 featuring Larkin Poe, Rick Estrin & the Nightcats, Christone “Kingfish” Ingram and many more. All proceeds benefit the Food Bank’s vital hunger-relief programs. CLICK HERE for more information and to purchase tickets online.
2. Host a food drive. Sign up to collect food donations in the month of September or ask friends and family to make a donation to your custom Virtual Food Drive. CLICK HERE to learn more and to register.
3. Volunteer. Browse the Food Bank’s volunteer calendar and register for an upcoming shift. CLICK HERE.
4. Donate online. For every $5 donation, 25 meals can be provided to local families. CLICK HERE to donate.
5. SPREAD awareness. Share information about the San Diego Food Bank and our mission to end hunger in San Diego County on social media with your network using the hashtag #EndHungerSD.
Thank you for supporting the Food Bank’s mission to create a hunger-free community.