Food Drive Toolkit
Follow These Easy Steps to Host a Food Drive:
- Get approval from your organization to host a food drive.
- Set up an organizing committee for your food drive.
- Register your food drive here
- Set a goal to keep your team motivated.
- Sign up for a customized Virtual Food Drive for your group
- Track progress towards your goal.
- Promote your drive by sending your friends and co-workers regular updates by email!
Most Needed Food Items
The following list includes our most needed food items
MOST NEEDED FOOD DRIVE ITEMS
- Canned Meats (Tuna, Chicken, Ham)
- Dry or Canned Beans
- Cereal and Oatmeal
- Peanut Butter
- Canned Soup
- Canned Fruit
- Canned Vegetables
- Powdered Milk
- Infant Formula
Please note: We cannot accept any glass containers, home-canned or baked items.
HEALTHY ALTERNATIVE FOOD DRIVE ITEMS
- Tuna in water
- Black, Pinto, Kidney, Low Sodium
- Low Sugar, Whole Grain or Bran
- Brown, Wild Rice
- Almonds, Unsalted, Flax seeds
- No Sugar Added
- Low Sodium, Low Fat
- Packed in water or own juice
- Low Sodium or No Salt Added
- Low or Non-Fat
- Whole Grain
Download the following PDF support tools to make your food drive a success!
Do you have more questions about hosting a food drive? Read our list of Frequently Asked Questions here.
If you have further questions please contact our Food Procurement Coordinator, Kimberly Castillo, at 858-863-5133 or firstname.lastname@example.org