If you’re usually on the run and skipping breakfast, worry no more because here are a few simple recipes that will leave you feeling full in no time. Loaded toast is quick and easy, and topped with heart healthy fats and fiber. You can eat it for breakfast or lunch. The beautiful thing about it is there is no exact recipe, and you can add whatever your heart desires right on top!
If you’re in the mood for something savory, toast up some multi-grain bread or sweet potato slices and add avocado, tomatoes, cracked salt and pepper. If you have time, put a poached egg on top! If you have a sweet tooth, slice up some bananas and smother almond butter on your toast and top it off with some honey and cinnamon. The options are endless! Scroll down for a few more ideas to make your favorite loaded toast.
Instructions for multi-grain bread:
Toast bread and add a base first (nut butter, avocado, hummus, etc). Add toppings. Serve and enjoy!
Instructions for sweet potato slices:
1. Wash and slice sweet potato long ways, about ¼ of an inch. (Tip: Take a slice off one side of the potato and rest it flat side down on the cutting board to prevent it from rolling).
2. Place in toaster on highest setting. Depending on the strength of your toaster, it will take about 15 minutes per batch of sweet potato. If you’re making a large batch, place sweet potato slices in toaster oven on 450⁰F. Flip every 5 minutes or so until they are nicely browned on the outside and fork tender on the inside, about 15 to 20 minutes total.
3. Place on plate and add a base (nut butter, avocado, hummus, etc). Add toppings. Serve and enjoy!
1. Sweet potato slices + smashed avocado + cherry tomato slices + crushed red pepper flakes
2. Sweet potato slices + hummus + arugula + crushed salt & pepper + poached egg
3. Sweet potato slices + smashed avocado + sliced peaches + fresh basil
4. Sweet potato slices + smashed avocado + mozzarella cheese + ripe tomato slices + fresh basil + balsamic glaze
5. Sweet potato slices + tuna salad mix + sliced green olives + cayenne pepper+ chives
6. Multi-grain bread + nut butter + sliced banana + chia/flax seed blend + honey + cinnamon
7. Multi-grain bread + hummus + cucumber slices + cracked pepper
8. Multi-grain bread + smashed avocado + cherry tomatoes + balsamic glaze
9. Multi-grain bread + Nutella + blueberries
10. Multi-grain bread + avocado + smoked salmon + poached egg + red onion