Bananas are always popular and can be found year round.
This sweet, tropical fruit is packed with potassium, fiber and vitamin C. Bananas provide instant energy and are like whole food ‘cereal bars’ that are delicious, nutritious, economical and widely available.
Here is a recipe for a quick, and easy banana bread.
Recipe: Eggless Banana Bread
Preparation time: 15 minutes | Bake time: 45 to 55 minutes
Number of servings: 8 to 12 servings
– 1 ½ cups of all-purpose flour
– ½ cup of sugar
– A pinch of salt
– 1 tsp of baking powder
– ½ tsp of baking soda
– ¼ to ½ cup of plain yogurt
– ¼ sunflower oil
– 2 big, overripe bananas, mashed with a fork
– 1 tsp of vanilla essence
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and line a baking tin.
2. Mix all dry ingredients together, except sugar.
3. Beat the oil, sugar, yogurt, bananas and vanilla essence together.
4. Fold in the dry ingredients and mix the batter well.
5. Pour batter into the baking tin and bake at 350°F for around 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Here are links to a few quick and easy recipes with bananas: